Pistachio Macaron Recipe
Pistachio Macarons is rated
based on 53 votes.
Make 30-40 small macarons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes and 1 hour for the rest mixture
For the Italian Meringue
- 150g (5oz) aged egg white (make by leaving egg white in a bowl on a
bench for 2 days)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 fl oz)water
- Add food colouring to the meringue if required.
For the Almond Mixture
- 150g (5oz) fresh egg white
- 250g (8oz) almond meal / almond flour
- 250g (8oz)icing sugar
- Pinch of green food colouring
Used the above ingredients to make the
For pistachio cream:
- 100ml (3 fl oz) of warm milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 21 teaspoonss castor sugar
- 12g (0.42oz) of cornflour
- 21 teaspoons of finely chopped pistachios
- First, create macarons shells based from the
basic macaron recipe.
- Then start preparing the pistachio cream by mixing
cornflour and castor sugar in a
- Put the eggyolk, beat it vigorously and add the warm milk.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook it under medium
heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture constantly until it thickens. Put the
chopped pistachios afterwards.
- After cooking put the cream into a bowl, cover it with
plastic wrap and allow cooling in room temperature.
Assembly of the macaron
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- To assemble your macarons, start by garnishing one macaron
shell with ganache and cover it with another shell.
- Do the same with the rest of the shell.