Sugar Decorations for Macarons is rated
based on 1 votes.
How to Make
Sugar Decorations for Macarons
Decorations can give a personal touch to your macarons, whether it is a
shape of flower, a star or anything else it will surely enhance the
appearance of your macarons. Most decorations are made of sugar and you
can make it yourself. All supplies are always available in the baking
stores or online.
What you need:
- powdered sugar
- small rolling pin
- white fondant or gum paste
- modeling tools
- food colouring
- luster dust (gold, copper, silver, dust blue, sparkle white,
- small brush (either a makeup brush or a paintbrush)
- silicone mat or other smooth work surface
- cutters (heart, butterfly, daisy or any desired shape)
More Great Recipes @ www.macarons.org.uk
- Take a small amount of fondant or gum paste and soften it using
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar if it sticks to your fingers.
- Add a few drops of colouring to create coloured shapes.
- The result should form a nice marble effect.
- Add more food colouring to make the colour brighter or you may
purchased a coloured fondant if desired.
- Roll out the fondant or gum paste (about 1/8 inch thick) in the
work surface using a small rolling pin.
- Use a cutter or a knife to cut out shapes.
- Allow the shapes to dry, left them uncovered for about 30
minutes or until hardened.
- Brush some sparkling luster dust to create a shiny effect.
- Dip a small brush into egg whites to fasten the sugar
decorations to your macarons.
- Wrap any left over fondant airtight for future use. No need to